What is our protocol for return to school following absence/testing?
If a child has symptoms that lead to absence or a referral for a Covid 19 test, parents/guardians are asked to agree:
• Not to send the child/children to school if they are unwell or show any of the following symptoms - high temperature, cough, breathing difficulties or a loss of taste or smell. A child can be unwell even though they have tested negative for Covid 19.
• Complete the Return to School form before the child/children return to school. It is available through this link:
• Inform the class teacher, by email, and email@example.com, of the upcoming absence/test. (Teachers have texted their individual email addresses).
• Keep the child/children at home until the symptoms that led to the test have eased even if the test result is negative. Please do not send sick children to school.
• Inform the class teacher, by email, and firstname.lastname@example.org, if the test result is negative, before returning the child/children to school. Please copy the test results in the email.
• If the test result is positive, follow HSE guidance.