The Principal from Gaelscoil Míde has sent me the message below:
The Gardaí in Raheny have just been in contact. Two people have come forward with an explanation and both the Gardaí and the boy’s family are now happy that there was no malice intended and that there wasn’t a kidnap attempt and that there is an innocent explanation for what happened.
He apologises for putting us all on high alert but we have to take safety seriously. Please talk to your children about their safety but keep it low key-Sally
Hi to all Parents/Guardians,
The school acquired some new chairs for 1st and 2nd class recently. We were wondering if parents would like to take the old chairs for playrooms at home. They will be available in the hall tomorrow and Thursday so if you are in for parent-guardian/teacher meetings you might like to pick up one or two. -Sally
This year’s individual parent teacher meetings have been scheduled for Wednesday November 23rd and Thursday November 24th. These meetings are for all classes from Senior Infants to 6th class. Junior Infant meetings will take place in February when the children have settled into school. Infant children will go home as normal on these days and children from 1st to 6th will go home at 14.05 on both of these days.
These professional meetings are for adults. It is important, therefore that children, especially pre-school children, are taken care of outside of school for the duration.
You will receive a time allocation of 10 minutes. Please try to be on time and to schedule a future meeting if more time is needed to discuss specific concerns. As always, we are happy to meet with and involve parents in the life of our school. If, throughout the year, you need to pass on information about a small matter, you are welcome to mention it from 08.40-08.50 in the morning or directly after school on collection. If you need to schedule a longer meeting please talk to Judy and she will help you arrange it.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you.
Please read these two announcements for important updates.
The PTA is delighted to announce that After-school Activities will start during the week of 17th October, and that enrolments open on Monday 10th at 7pm. All of the activities from last year are continuing, and there are activities on offer for children from 1st to 6th class.
Please note these important changes to the administration of the activities this year:
- Enrolments will be collected online only. To enrol, please click on this link between 7pm on Monday and midnight on Thursday. As before, places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis, so please make sure you register your child’s name early to avoid disappointment.
- Payments will be collected directly by the Activity teachers. Full payment is due at the first class.
- The Activities and Supervision Policy has been revised by the PTA and the Board of Management. Please read the revised policy here before you enrol your child.
For more detailed information about the Activity days and times, Coordinator contact details, and enrolment and payment arrangements, please download this Information Note.
- If you have any queries about an activity, please contact the relevant Activity Coordinator.
- If you have queries about the enrolment process, please contact Julia, the PTA After-school Activities Coordinator on 086 339 3525 or email NorthBayPTA@gmail.com